Wednesday, February 24, 2010

If My Life Had a Soundtrack...

......Widespread Panic would make up a large part of it. I'm not sure how many of their shows I've been to, but I've been to a lot. And, if I'm having a bad day, I can always throw in their album, "Everyday", to cheer me up. I must say I don't follow the band like I used to after Houser died, but I still love them and always look forward to a show. So, since I don't have anything new to share, here's something from many of our pasts.

3 comments:

Charles Hale said...

Alycia-
surprisingly this is the first time I've heard Jimmy play with the band. I don't want to sound like some purest or something but I was already falling out of love before Mike died. And I only saw George twice. It sounds different with Jimmy. Not good not bad just different.

Unknown said...

I picked the songs I did for a reason. The first was a good recording and I thought Anne Marie Coulter looked like I would if I had ever got a chance to play with the band....you know, my sand blocks. But, yes, the guitar almost takes over....he's an amazing guitar player but maybe too much guitar. It's like he's trying to fit in as many notes as possible before the other band members join back in. The second was at the first Bonnaroo, which I had the pleasure of attending. I thought my head was going to explode during these songs it was so good. It was also the last time I saw Houser. Next was from the free show they did in downtown Athens. Man, that was a good time.....one of my best memories from college. The next one I chose was filmed at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta....saw my first NYE show there. Beautiful place. Coconuts was from the Athens Music Festival....first time I saw them when I was still in high school. I remembered thinking I was cool :-). I also liked Driving with Houser and JB on John Keane's porch in Athens. I used to live right down the road from Keane and Vic Chesnutt. I don't think I've really liked an album, truly liked an album, since "'Til the Medicine Takes", but I'll always love to turn up the albums they put out when I was in college and dance around the room to them. Nothing like flooding your brain with memories while listening to some old favorites.

Charles Hale said...

holy shit A, until I read your comments I didn't realize there was a scroll of videos. I just watched the people's choice choir. I was there, remember who I was with, where we sat, the lights, the music, but I had never seen it. That was amazing. Goddamn Houser. I miss that. I've got to send that to the guy I was there with, then watch the others.