Hi Everyone,
I figured I might as well get something posted on here. First is a video of Gram Rabbit compiled from shows at Pappy & Harriet's in Pioneertown, CA and Spaceland in LA. Gram Rabbit is a band out of Joshua Tree who does psychedelic/dance music and throws in odd bit such as video projection and dancing "rabbits". They have put out three albums. The first one "Music To Start a Cult By" is my favorite although it is less dancy and more county/psychedelic. Ther latest is "Radio Angel and The Robot Beat" and the video is of American Hookers off of that album. I'm also going to throw in "Bloody Bunnies" from their second album "Cultivation".
Also, I'm going to throw in Jenny Lewis because I absolutely love her. She was the lead singer for the now defunct Rilo Kiley. She put out an album called "Rabbit Fur Coat" with The Watson Twins in 2006 that was all over a bunch of top ten lists and this year she put out "Acid Tongue".
First is a live version of Acid Tongue from October and then the official video for "Rise Up With Fists!" which I just think is funny.
That's it for today. Thanks for setting up this site. It shouuld be a great place to learn about new music and even just hear some old stuff.
Grant
1 comment:
The rabbits remind me of the movie, "Donnie Darko". Pretty good flick if anyone hasn't seen it.
Post a Comment