Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Wha' Happened?

For reference to the title:


Okay, so I have two artist "Wha' Happened?" First, Michael Franti. I've been a big fan of Michael Franti for some time. However, when I heard the song off his new release it made me wonder if he had given up his political roots for pop culture. I agree, the beach with friends is a great place to be when you lose your job and the tune is catchy, but where's the depth that some of his songs used to have? I haven't heard other songs off this album, so I may be way off. Please inform me if you own it and have comments to share.

Here's the new:


Here's the old:


For my next Wha Happened? Hasidic Jewish reggae singer Matisyahu....love him, but his new CD es no bueno (in my opinion). Here's a sample of his new stuff:



And now his old stuff:


Much better don't you think? I own a few Matisyahu albums I would recommend: Shake Off the Dust...Arise, Live at Stubbs, and Youth

No comments: