Thursday, March 25, 2010

Lissie

Not sure when or where I first heard about Lissie. But somehow I have one of her songs on my computer. Then today I was catching up on a music blog I frequently read and saw Lissie again. Blogger Heather Brown saw her perform at the SXSW festival in Austin, Tx and had this to say about Lissie: "This girl from Rock Island, Illinois has a voice that is even more potent and chill-inducing in person; it’s as if she has the force of a complete gospel choir of large black women lying in her belly waiting to explode through songs like 'Little Lovin’ and 'Everywhere I Go.'" Here are some (ok a lot of) video links to check her out for yourself... (I just couldn't decide which video to put up so I decided to go crazy and post a bunch. Two are covers - Wedding Bells, I think it is a John Prine song, and Bob Dylan's Ramona.)









No comments: