Thursday, August 27, 2009

Chicago. No, not the city.

I just found this music blog. And I haven't had a chance to look through the archives yet. But this post makes me think I'm going to love it. Go ahead. Stream the song. (button is at the top of his post) You know you want to.

Everyone has at least one of these songs - one song that they are a little, or a lot, embarassed to admit they love ... that they may even play on repeat a few times ... on occasion ... when no one else is around. A secret song crush if you will. "If You Leave Me Now" by Chicago is definitely one of mine too. Sometimes it's more about memories associated with the song than the song itself. Sometimes it's just something about the lyrics or the melody that hook you in. You just can't help it, you love it. In thinking about other secret favorite songs, one that came to mind - I don't know if I can say it ... ugh, here it goes ... I have a soft spot for "Making Love Out of Nothing At All" by Air Supply. Wow. I can't believe I am putting this out there on the internet. My high school best friend introduced me to this song and I can't tell you how many times we sang along with it. (yes, Alycia Waters Crall, I am looking at you)

So - confessions anyone? What's your song?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OK, so I celebrate Journey's entire collection from time to time.....