Tuesday, March 10, 2009

West Virginia, mountain mama, take me home, country roads.

Again with the misleading post title...

I'm headed out of town today - to West Virginia - so I wanted to go ahead and get this post done --- because when I get back on Thursday, I am headed to see my friend John Pringle play what will probably be his last show in Charlottesville for awhile. John is a talented songwriter. Has a voice reminiscent of Eddie Vedder. And he puts on a great show. Next week he'll be playing in Austin during SXSW at an event hosted by Rachel Ray. (http://www.rachaelray.com/travel/feedback/index.php)

Here's a link to John's website. http://www.johnpringlemusic.com/

Also playing at the R.R. event is a group called The Airborne Toxic Event. A friend recently made a cd for me that included their song "Sometime Around Midnight." It caught my attention. I love it. Browsing on youtube, I found they recently played on David Letterman...


No comments: